problem of install

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Sat Feb 19 17:19:57 CET 2022

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 06:10:43PM +0800, 19722035 at bjtu.edu.cn wrote:
> Dear tex-live official I am a student who barely understand
> computer science, and my computer get into trouble by texlive, so
> can you help me.  Things happens when I installed texlive
> yesterday, I ran it directly and forgetted to install as the
> administrator, so I installed it into C:, and C: is almost got
> full which I can barely use other big software, so I uninstall
> from the root document, this time, when I run the uninstall
> program, I just remembered I should run as administrator, so I
> shut the program down, when it is still on. I want to rerun is as
> administrator, but it can not work. I do not know how to do, so, I
> delete all the document named texlive.  The question is, how can I
> delete the other remained files and data beyond the document
> texlive, to get more space in C:. It is really important to me,
> because it really delays my speed to do my staffs with study and
> influence the process of the rest people in my team .  Forgive my
> awful English and thanks for reading. If you help me, you are
> saving my computer and I will be very, very, very, appreciate,
> thank you 3 thousands.  Sincerely A girl who is very, very, very,
> sad

Why do you need to install as administrator at all?

For a user install under windows, the uninstaller is an item in the
TeX Live menu. For an admin install, the uninstaller is under
Settings / Apps.

If you reinstall in the same mode, then everything that is not in
the TeX Live directory itself will get recreated, and then you can
uninstall properly.

If you click on the advanced button, then you can select a smaller
scheme, e.g. small or basic, which makes a LOT of difference in
required disk space. With TeX Live Manager you can install missing
items later.

You can install on another drive. The dialog for selecting an
installation root consists of three components, e.g.

1. D:\, 2: texlive, and 3: 2021

The first component must already exist, and you can select it in the
normal way, by browsing to it. You can most likely leave the second
and third components as they are.

Hope this helps.

--
Siep Kroonenberg