texlive installation problem

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Sat Aug 20 23:48:19 CEST 2022

On 2022-08-20 at 21:21:44 +0100, Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) wrote:

 > On 20/08/2022 18:54, bf30xo55g141--- via tex-live wrote:
 > > Hello. While installing texlive using install-tl-windows.exe for
 > > Windows, I get an error. Files with win32 extension won't install and
 > > I can't figure out why.ÊÊAt the end of the installation, nothing
 > > happens and error messages are displayed. Could you help me please? My
 > > OS is windows 10. I also attached a screenshot
 >
 > Interesting Ñ the installer claims not to be able to install
 > "a2ping.win32", yet I, who run a Windows system, have no such file and
 > yet no error was reported during the installation.

There is also no file with the extension "win32" in the TL repository.

   $ find . -iname '*.win32'

returns nothing.  The option -iname makes the search case-intensitive.

a2ping is a Perl script which is platform independent per se.  There
is no special version for Windows.

I have no clue what's going wrong here.

Regards,
  Reinhard