texmfcnf.lua is broken for ConTeXt.
mseven at telus.net
Tue Aug 16 00:27:00 CEST 2022
> Arch Linux texlive-core package includes its own patched version of
> texmfcnf.lua that makes ConTeXt work.
I have the following ConTeXts installed:
1. TeX Live 2021 on Windows 10 x64
2. TeX Live 2022 on Windows 10 x64
3. TeX Live 2022 on Linux x64 (Fedora 36)
4. ConTeXt LMTX Standalone on Windows 10 x64
5. ConTeXt LMTX Standalone on Linux x64 (Fedora 36)
All of these are installed using the official installation scripts, and
all of these work just fine for me.
>From your other threads:
this appears to be a packaging issue with Gentoo.
However, I do agree with you that ConTeXt can be quite picky with
anything texmfcnf-related. See point 4 in my reply to you on the ConTeXt
The ConTeXt developers are best reached on the ntg-context mailing list,
so that would likely be the best place to discuss the texmfcnf issue
since a similar thread on this list:
was never really resolved.
More information about the tex-live