left/right page lineup

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:28:56 CEST 2022

Hi,

this is more difficult than my solution because in paracol you have to
split it and put Latin, Swedish, Latin, Swedish, etc. Whe I was
preparing our Hindi.Czech book (see
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz/ArunakashKaRasta/), I developed an
environment where I put the whole Hindi poem and the whole Czech poem.
Each of them is typeset to a \vbox and if it is higher than
\textheight, it is split to pieces by \vsplit and the boxes are then
placed to the pages. I do not have flexible spaces between paragraph,
i.e. \parskip is a fixed length without the "plus" and "minus" part,
flexibility is allowed on the bottom of page only. And since both
versions have the same numbers of lines, they are vertically aligned.

I do not know Swedish and I am lazy to try translators but I think
that "till dig ändå" at the end of the long line means "for your
soul". I do not know Latin as well but it seems to me that I do not
see it in the Latin text while "de tuis sanctis pedibus" certainly
means "från dina heliga fötter" (I know a little Danish and
Norwegian).

Zdeněk Wagner

st 27. 4. 2022 v 17:10 odesílatel Robert Alessi