texlua issue on raspberry pi

Bob Tennent rdtennent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 21:52:07 CEST 2022

>Check the following instead:
* lsb_release -a

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Raspbian
Release: 10
Codename: buster

* cat /etc/os-release

PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="10"
VERSION="10 (buster)"
VERSION_CODENAME=buster
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs"

* dpkg -l libc6

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name           Version           Architecture Description
ii  libc6:armhf    2.28-10+rpt2+rpi1 armhf        GNU C Library: Shared
libraries

>Please make sure that you are running Raspian 11 (Bullseye) since
that's what the armhf binaries of TeX Live have been compiled for.

Apparently I'm not but I have no intention of updating the operating system
on this device. Is there no alternative approach?  I suppose I could
reinstall TL2021, which didn't have this issue.

Bob T.