Problems with Windows and TeXLive 2021

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sun Sep 19 12:49:26 CEST 2021

Jason Stahlecker wrote:

> Dear Mr. Taylor,
>
> thank you for your quick response! I am sorry for forgetting to
> mention this, I am using  Windows 10 (Build: 19041.1165) on a AMD
> Ryzen 5 3600. I have already looked to uninstall it via windows, as
> you suggested, but it does not appear in that window. I also did not
> find an uninstaller in the texlive folder (C:\texlive). It does not
> seem right to simply delete that folder. Is there any other way to
> safetly remove it? Thank you for your help!
>
> Best,
>
> Jason

Well, to the best of my belief TeX Live makes only minimal changes to
the system, modifying the path and possibly changing some file
associations.  You can easily check whether TeX Live 2021 has been added
to your (or the system) path, and remove it therefrom, and you can check
and modify file associations using (e.g.,) "assoc".  Once you have
undone anything necessary, you can then safely delete the entire TeX
Live file hierarchy.

TeX Live developers cc'd for comment.
--
/Philip Taylor/