[EXT] Re: tinytex "signature verification error"

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 15:00:47 CET 2021

pá 19. 11. 2021 v 14:28 odesílatel Philip Taylor (Royal Holloway)
<P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> napsal:

> On 19/11/2021 13:18, Norbert Preining wrote:
>
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2021, Philip Taylor (Royal Holloway) wrote:
>
> How reliable is the algorithm, Zdeněk ?
>
> Within Europe, it is more a question of connection time and physical
> connectivity, not of actual distance. So that might be the reason you
> have been redirected to comedy.
>
> But why do you worry? If you don't trust the algorithm, just select your
> preferred mirror and be done.
>
> I don't care which server in East Asia I am getting connected to.
>
> I "worry", Norbert, because I like to understand, rather than just use tools blindly.  The same reason, really, that I use Plain [Xe]TeX rather than LaTeX, so that I can have a complete understanding of what I am doing and how it is accomplished.
> --
As Norbert wrote, the metrics is not measured in miles or kilometres.
If I use CTAN from my office, it always directs me to the mirror at
the Czech Technical University which is physically about 4 km of an
optical cable. This means that I have guaranteed 1 Gbps and the
slowest point is writing to my HD. When I do the same from my home i
Prague, it depends whether the ISP has better connectivity to PASNET
or to CESNET. In the latter case it is better to use the mirror at
Masaryk University in Brno. And the connectivity can change, it is not
the same every day.

> ** Phil.

Zdeněk Wagner