tinytex "signature verification error"

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Fri Nov 19 01:36:06 CET 2021

Hi

> tlmgr.pl <http://tlmgr.pl>: package repository
> https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet
> <https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet> (verified)[1/1,
> ??:??/??:??] install: pdflscape [3k]running mktexlsr ...done running
> mktexlsr.tlmgr.pl <http://tlmgr.pl>: package log updated:
> C:/Users/jsv399/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-var/web2c/tlmgr.logtlmgr.pl

So that worked, one package was installed correctly ...

So my guesses are:
* you are using the main server instead of the mirror network.
  *This* *is* *bad* and tinytex should not do this.
* As a consequence, and since tinytex tries to install one package
  after the other, I guess you got blocked from the main server
  due to excessive connects (connection numbers etc are limited on the
  server), thus you get the error message since the asc file doesn't
  contain the actual signature data, but an error message.

My suggestion: use mirror.ctan.org instead, that is much better and
should also install faster.

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev