bug: xelatex: table would be rendered into second screen with beamer

ayaka ayaka at soulik.info
Sun May 16 03:39:13 CEST 2021

Hello All

I try to place a table in beamer while I want to display my note in the
screen screen, I tried the xelatex from texlive 2017 to 2020, all of
them would only render the table in the page for the second screen
leaving a blank page with only control bar in the main page. Neither the
tabular nor tabularx would work.

The lualatex could work fine. And if I didn't place any frame before the
frame contains that table, it seems work as well in xelatex.

\documentclass[aspectratio=169]{beamer}
\usepackage{pgfpages}

\setbeameroption{show notes on second screen=right}

\begin{document}

\begin{frame}
\end{frame}

\begin{frame}