Problem with tabular (\toprule etc.) and dinbrief

kh09mail-icq at yahoo.de kh09mail-icq at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 8 23:25:45 CET 2021

The new rules in booktabs: \toprule, \midrule, \bottomrule no longer
work properly with DINBRIEF, since reinstallation of miKteX. (I used
this dinbrief documents with tables successfully since years)
Now the rules lead to error messages when compiling. The PDF is created
correctly, but it is irritating.
With \hline instead of \toprule etc. it works, but I have to make the
table with \addlinespace more attractive or the letters will stick too
close to the lines. For that I need {booktabs}.

I've been researching this for a whole day, but I haven't found a
solution. There seems to be no working example with Dinbrief *and
*\toprule etc.
By the way: if I switch the \documentclass from "dinbrief" to "article",
the error messages in the table are gone. (But then the rest of the
letter is rubbish, of course).

So - as I have a workaround - the problem is not urgent but: does
anybody know about that problem?

code-fragment:

\documentclass[10pt]{dinbrief}

\usepackage{booktabs}
\begin{tabular}{c|c|p{0.48\textwidth}|r|r}
%    \toprule
     \hline
     \addlinespace
%    \bottomrule