Remark about a recent change in texlive-en.tex

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 3 22:13:56 CET 2021

On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 09:25:41PM +0100, Denis Bitouzé wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> about your recent change in `texlive-en.tex`:
>
>   ┌────
>   │ \url{https://tug.org/FontCatalogue} is a convenient way to see available
>   │ fonts on the web.
>   └────
>
> shouldn't it rather be:
>
>   ┌────
>   │ \url{https://tug.org/FontCatalogue} is a convenient way to see on the
>   │ web available fonts.
>   └────
>
> Best.
> --
> Denis

Hi Denis,

obviously I'm not Karl - but as a native English speaker his wording
is more natural for me.  Maybe this is yet another example of how
different languages structure sentences in different orders.

ĸen
--
RIGHT, he said, PESTILENCE, OPEN ANOTHER PACK OF CARDS. I'M GOING TO GET
TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS IF IT KILLS ME, FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING OF COURSE.