update-tlmgr-latest.sh.sha512

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 07:17:04 CET 2021

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 at 14:34, jfbu wrote:
> Le 2 mars 2021 à 14:25, Norbert Preining a écrit :
>

> >> sh update-tlmgr-latest.sh -- --upgrade
> >
> > Aehmmm ...
> >
> >> ./runme.sh: updating /usr/local/texlive/2020/bin/x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 ...
> >
> > don't do that on Mac.
> > Simply, do not do it.
> > Full stop.
> > Ok?
> >
> > I guess I have to add a special check that this is not possible on
> > darwin. We already have to bend back/for/side/upsidedown-ward for the
> > concoction of Apple (and Microsoft), and the cheaty in place upgrade
> > will not work.
> >
> > The reason being that the previous x86_64-darwin has been replaced with
> > universal-darwin again, this time containing x86_64 and arm64 binaries.
> >
> > It is all a lot of pain with Apples.
>
> Hi, also with darwinlegacy ?
>
> Can you elaborate what the problem is. I don't care about universal-darwin
> as I install darwinlegacy

I'm not exactly sure about what you were talking about (I never used
update-tlmgr-latest.sh myself, I'm not sure what it does and I didn't
yet check now), but I would only expect issues that Norbert was
talking about when using macOS 10.13 or newer.

Nothing has changed with respect to darwinlegacy.
10.13 will switch from x86_64-darwin to x86_64-darwinlegacy this year;
10.14 and newer will switch from x86_64-darwin to universal-darwin.

(Well, we could in theory rename x86_64-darwinlegacy into
x86_64-darwin now that the "regular" name is free again ;)

Mojca