pdflatex does not work on win after todays update but does on linux

Andreas Hirsch cursus.publicus at sacrumromanumimperium.org
Wed Jun 9 06:29:13 CEST 2021

Hi Ulrike,

Ulrike Fischer schrieb am 08.06.2021 um 22:54:
> Am Tue, 8 Jun 2021 21:46:11 +0200 schrieb Andreas Hirsch:
>
>> But - please remember: This enviroment worked for over a decade of years
>> until the last update
>>
>> What has changed? LaTeX 2021-06-01?
>
> Beside others. But you didn't say when you made the last update
> before this one, and as nobody can reproduce your problem you are
> the only one who can narrow down the problem further.
>
> Which mean try with plain tex, try commands like kpsewhich, use some
> process monitor, ...

This morning (as every morning) I took a look at the system-report and
noticed that there are a lot of appcrashs concerning pdflatex in modul
pdftex.dll are reported.

As Reinhard reported, pdftex.dll was updated 5 weeks ago [in this time I
used TeX without problems]- must something have changed inside my
windows-system (but: no updates done beside daily defender)?

Andreas