config.ps and landscape page size

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 09:47:09 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I found the hint in my notes, it is necessary to specify -t unknown,
it is explained in config.ps. Without this option dvips finds the
nearest paper size. There used to be also film0 and film1 which did
the same but differed in orientation. It was necessary to rotate the
pages to use the width of the film roll but nowadays the
phototypesetters come with better software which allows to override
settings which can minimize the waste.

Zdeněk Wagner

pá 23. 7. 2021 v 21:46 odesílatel Zdenek Wagner