Downdating TeX Live

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed Jan 27 16:17:52 CET 2021

Hi Philip,

> Yes, I have backups, Norbert, but does TLMGR not keep only the most recent?

Depends on your setting
	$ tlmgr option autobackup
	Number of backups to keep (autobackup): 1
You can increase this to whatever number you want, including 0 for no
backups and -1 for keeping everything ...

> Looking at "texlive.info", it would seem that the file that I require is :
>
>  * https://texlive.info/tlnet-archive/2020/11/11/tlnet/archive/dvipdfmx.win32.r56903.tar.xz

Then do
	tlmgr --repo https://texlive.info/tlnet-archive/2020/11/11/tlnet/ install --reinstall dvipdfmx
That should help I guess. On Unix the versions seem to be different, at
least this is what I see.

> so how do I go about asking TLMGR to install ?from? that .tar.xz file ?

It's all in the documentation ...

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev