Why is `openin_any = p` restricting access to packages in TEXMFDIST?

Adrian adrian at planetcoding.net
Thu Sep 24 10:54:43 CEST 2020

I see that you made a commit to change something in the logic there
(unfortunately I can't reply directly to that email since I never received
it; probably because it wasn't a directly reply to me and I'm not subscribed
to the mailing list).

Does that commit restore the old behavior about being able to use packages even
with `openin_any = p`? At least the commit message sounds like it made checks
more strict...

If it doesn't revert to the old logic: What's the solution to get the old
behavior, i.e.:

- being able to use packages from TEXMFDIST
- not being able to read any arbitrary files (no matter if they are dot files or
  not) from outside the working directory