Exit Code on tlmgr Update Missing

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Sat Oct 24 14:19:28 CEST 2020

Hi Naveen,

sorry for the late reply ..

On Thu, 01 Oct 2020, Naveen M K wrote:
> tlmgr itself needs to be updated.
> Please do this via either
>   tlmgr update --self
> or by getting the latest updater for Unix-ish systems:
>   http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/update-tlmgr-latest.sh
> and/or Windows systems:
>   http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/update-tlmgr-latest.exe
> Then continue with other updates as usual.
>
> Now the problem is it should exit with status code 1, if there requires an update. That's it.

That was with
	tlmgr update --list
is this correct? Yes, there we don't error out, because, well, it just
lists what should be done...

OTOH,
	tlmgr update --all
**should** return error code when critical updates are available,
--force is NOT given.

Would you suggest something different?

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev