Texlive installer as a flatpak package

Jakob Jakobson jakob.jakobson13 at posteo.de
Fri Oct 23 17:52:05 CEST 2020

Dear texlive developers,

would anyone of you be interested in (co)maintaining a flatpak version
of the texlive installer?
The background is that flatpak tries to be a new, distribution-agnostic
package format for linux distribution. Currently there are also some tex
editors packaged as flatpak packages, but at the moment each one of the
brings a full texlive distribution (that I maintain). As this bloats the
editors unnecessarily, I was wondering if we could just package the
installer. In the following, the users could use tlmgr to individually
install their latex packages, which would reduce the overall
installation size of the respective editors. Additionally, perhaps it
would spread your installer more among your users as the installer and
tlmgr could be installed and started by a single click.

Regards

Jakob