key mismatch for docker build

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Tue Oct 6 02:45:44 CEST 2020

Hi Kurt,

in addition to what Paulo wrote,

> In my attempt to do this it appears to be working, except that the
> install-tl-unx.tar.gz  was recently updated, (looks like it happened today)
> and is causing a mismatch. It is not clear to me at first glance to report
> issues like that or what the next steps would be to resolving the issue.

If you download the files
	install-tl-unx.tar.gz
	install-tl-unx.tar.gz.sha512
	install-tl-unx.tar.gz.sha512.asc
from the very same mirror, then unless you just hit the short time when
it is syncing these files, there shouldn't be a mismatch.

The steps that our installer and tlmgr does is:
- check whether the sha512 checksum of install-tl-unx.tar.gz is the one
  in install-tl-unx.tar.gz.sha512
	sha512sum -c install-tl-unx.tar.gz.sha512
- check whether the signature given by install-tl-unx.tar.gz.sha512.asc
  can be verified for install-tl-unx.tar.gz.sha512
	gpg --verify install-tl-unx.tar.gz.sha512.asc install-tl-unx.tar.gz.sha512
These two together guarantee that the files are the original/correct
ones.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev