TeX Live on Windows: Texinfo not available?

Akira Kakuto kakuto at w32tex.org
Sat May 30 01:01:41 CEST 2020

Dear Werner,

> I wonder why Texinfo works at TeX Live on Linux, but Texinfo does
> not work at TeXLive on Windows.

In W32TeX, I'm distributing Texinfo, which supports
only typesetting of Texinfo files, that is, makeinfo etc. are
not supported.
It is rather special, and I don't want to include it in
the official TeX Live. In linux also, Texinfo is an another package.
If possible, I'll consider to match it to TeX Live, and will
distribute it as an addin, but I can't ensure it.

Best,
Akira