signature verification errors today

Heshy Roskes hroskes at jhu.edu
Fri May 15 22:25:49 CEST 2020

Hi,

I'm having issues installing texlive.  On two different systems, I've been
getting a signature verification error.  I tried a few hours ago and got
this error, and I've been trying again occasionally since then and it still
happens.

I'm copying the full error messages below.  As you can see, I'm using two
different mirrors.

In both cases I'm setting up a docker container.  I've used the exact same
command before in docker and it's never given me any trouble.

Please let me know if there's anything I need to change to fix this.

Thank you,
Heshy

This is the message I get on our jenkins server:

+ /tmp/install-tl/install-tl --profile=/tmp/texlive-profile.txt
Automated TeX Live installation using profile: /tmp/texlive-profile.txt
http://mirrors.rit.edu/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

/tmp/install-tl/install-tl: signature verification error of
/tmp/Co3W60oCTz/kDH9yCxsjy from
http://mirrors.rit.edu/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb:
cryptographic signature verification of
  /tmp/Co3W60oCTz/dLpvtVDj5d
against

http://mirrors.rit.edu/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.sha512.asc
failed. Output was:
gpg: Signature made Thu May 14 14:34:16 2020 UTC
gpg:                using RSA key 4CE1877E19438C70
gpg: BAD signature from "TeX Live Distribution <tex-live at tug.org>"
[ultimate]

Please try from a different mirror and/or wait a few minutes
and try again; usually this is because of transient updates.
If problems persist, feel free to report to texlive at tug.org.

The command '/bin/sh -c sudo /tmp/tex.sh' returned a non-zero code: 1

And this one is what I get when I try locally on my computer:

+ /tmp/install-tl/install-tl --profile=/tmp/texlive-profile.txt
Automated TeX Live installation using profile: /tmp/texlive-profile.txt
http://ftp.math.purdue.edu/mirrors/ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

/tmp/install-tl/install-tl: signature verification error of
/tmp/MKVuA5vn7r/oRlArAB3dy from
http://ftp.math.purdue.edu/mirrors/ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb:
cryptographic signature verification of
  /tmp/MKVuA5vn7r/AcO95l17bA