FreeBSD 11 binary issue

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 5 00:47:22 CEST 2020

Hi Youry - I believe the amd64-freebsd binaries in TL20 were built on
FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p1, which presumably explains the error.
(That's what the volunteer builder needed to use this year, as I recall.)

Since apparently you already built your own, you could just use those :).
But if for whatever reason you want another set, Nelson Beebe has built TL
on a vast array of systems, including FreeBSD 11.3 (static and not). You
can get his binaries here:
http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive-utah/bin/

And use them via the --custom-bin option to install-tl:
https://tug.org/texlive/custom-bin.html

Hope this helps,
Karl