signature verification error from 2020-05-03

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Mon May 4 09:03:29 CEST 2020

Hi,

I am on voidlinux with the latest texlive package. It was working smoothly
till yesterday. All of the sudden `tlmgr` started giving signature
verification error as follows:

/opt/texlive/2020/bin/x86_64-linux/tlmgr: signature verification error of
> /opt/texlive/2020/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.c123338267992f1eaedc17d45585d6f3 from
> http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb:
> cryptographic signature verification of
>   /tmp/iz4CbvzOTR/DLOIKh7VlU
> against
>
> http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.sha512.asc
> failed. Output was:
> gpg: Signature made Sat May  2 01:58:00 2020 CEST using RSA key ID 19438C70
> gpg: BAD signature from "TeX Live Distribution <tex-live at tug.org>"
>
> Please try from a different mirror and/or wait a few minutes
> and try again; usually this is because of transient updates.
> If problems persist, feel free to report to texlive at tug.org.

The key list shows:

# tlmgr key list
> /opt/texlive/2020/tlpkg/gpg/pubring.gpg
> ---------------------------------------
> pub   2048R/06BAB6BC 2016-03-19
> uid                  TeX Live Distribution <tex-live at tug.org>
> sub   2048R/B001980F 2016-03-19
> sub   2048R/19438C70 2016-03-19 [expires: 2021-07-30]

Trying to pull the upstream key gives:

# curl -fsSL
> http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.sha512.asc
> | tlmgr key add -
> tlmgr: key import failed, output:
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> gpg: Total number processed: 0

Thus, I am stuck as `tlmgr` cannot proceed anything further. Any clue
appreciated.

Cheers and stay safe,
/z

-.. .. ... -.-. .-.. .- .. -- . .-. | -.. .. ... -.-. .-.. .- .. -- . .-.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: Access to this e-mail and its
contents by anyone other than the intended recipient is unauthorized as it
contains privileged and confidential information, and is subject to legal
privilege. Please do not re/distribute it.  If you are not the intended
recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not use, copy, distribute or deliver the email and part of its contents
to anyone this message (or any part of its contents or take any action in
connection to it. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify
the sender immediately. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender or your sysadmin immediately by e-mail or telephone, and
delete the e-mail from any computer. If you or your employer does not
consent to internet e-mail messages of this kind, please notify the sender
immediately. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no
viruses are present in this e-mail and attachments included. As the sender
cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of
this e-mail or attachments it is recommended that you are responsible to
follow your virus checking procedures prior to use. The views, opinions,
conclusions and other informations expressed in this electronic mail are
not given or endorsed by any company including the network providers unless
otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this
message.