Signature verification errors for TeXLive 2020

Clive Nicholas clivelists at googlemail.com
Sun May 3 20:53:42 CEST 2020

Hello,

It may well be that you've already been made aware, but I'm currently
experiencing signature verification errors when attempting to install
TeXLive 2020:

clive at clivubu:~/Downloads/install-tl-20200502$ sudo ./install-tl
-gui=wizard --repository
http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

./install-tl: signature verification error of /tmp/a6IFwBO1hV/vY5DODv_b0
from
http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb:
cryptographic signature verification of
  /tmp/a6IFwBO1hV/a64aEyCLuV
against

http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.sha512.asc
failed. Output was:
gpg: Signature made Sat 02 May 2020 00:58:00 BST
gpg:                using RSA key 4CE1877E19438C70
gpg: BAD signature from "TeX Live Distribution <tex-live at tug.org>"
[ultimate]

Please try from a different mirror and/or wait a few minutes
and try again; usually this is because of transient updates.
If problems persist, feel free to report to texlive at tug.org.

clive at clivubu:~/Downloads/install-tl-20200502$ sudo ./install-tl
--repository
http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

./install-tl: signature verification error of /tmp/QxCsSwlgDo/KNsNKV6aqY
from
http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb:
cryptographic signature verification of
  /tmp/QxCsSwlgDo/mWtuWl5mYV
against

http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.sha512.asc
failed. Output was:
gpg: Signature made Sat 02 May 2020 00:58:00 BST
gpg:                using RSA key 4CE1877E19438C70
gpg: BAD signature from "TeX Live Distribution <tex-live at tug.org>"
[ultimate]

Please try from a different mirror and/or wait a few minutes
and try again; usually this is because of transient updates.
If problems persist, feel free to report to texlive at tug.org.

It's not evident there, but I selected the (only) UK repository as well as
the default repository (in Germany), but I received the same error.

I will try again later as instructed, but is this issue known and in hand?

--
Clive Nicholas

"My colleagues in the social sciences talk a great deal about methodology.
I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson