[EXT] Re: [EXT] Re: Broken TeX Live 2019 Installation

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 17:56:48 CET 2020

so 14. 3. 2020 v 17:26 odesílatel Raymart Jay Canoy via tex-live
<tex-live at tug.org> napsal:

> When I went through the information from Settings > Accounts > Your info, it says that I am the Administrator. Regarding "Creator/Owner," I cannot really tell because I do not know what this means.
>
> I have two other questions though.
> (1) Does this issue arise because I installed Tex Live 2019 in D:\?
> (2) If I installed it using the default location, will this issue still occur?
>
> Thank you.

It means that you have installed TeX Live as an administrator but now
try to run mktexlsr as a normal user. The best way is to create the
root, eg D:\texlive, and probably you will have to do it as an
administrator. Than you change the ownership and permissions so that
it is writable by you as a normal user and only then start
installation. If you do not have such permissions on the installed TeX
Live, it is not necessary to delete everything and reinstall, just as
an administrator change the ownership and permissions of the whole
tree. Everything then should start to work.

> Best,
> Raymart

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz