(tlpretest) the --with-system-harfbuzz flag has no influence it seems on luaharfbuzz

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sat Mar 7 16:01:13 CET 2020

Hi,

As compiling the TeXLive binaries at my locale has problems with the shipped harfbuzz, I tried --with-system-harfbuzz.

But then I hit against a problem with luaharfbuzz.

I don't know what the latter is, there is no system equivalent I guess?
It would make no sense for --with-system-harfbuzz to encompass this luaharfbuzz?

Anyway, disabling lua* builds, I still hit a problem that xetex could not be compiled with my system harfbuzz library, but perhaps the latter is very old.

I reported earlier problems with icu library, which is another reason I tried --with-system-harfbuzz because it does --with-system-icu if I understand correctly.

I mention that my problems with icu are apparently fixed (apart from using --with-system-icu) by replacing 5 occurrences in its sources of max_align_t by std::max_align_t, which I presume is a completely silly thing, but I am doing this only for matters of personal testing.

In fact, with this hack, the following apparently succeeded at my locale (10.9.5 mac os x; but perhaps things are broken which involve icu)

./Build --disable-luahbtex --disable-luajithbtex --disable-xetex

Process output ends in:

./Build:      440 executables in /opt/src/tldevsrc/source/inst/bin.
done (exit status 0) Sat Mar 7 15:37:33 CET 2020

This does not include xindy, but in the past I compiled it successfully separately.

Best,

Jean-François