noto-emoji

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Feb 28 23:54:40 CET 2020

    xdzeng>
      texmf-dist/fonts/truetype/noto/noto-emoji/NotoColorEmoji.ttf
                                ^^^^
    But I think it should be "google". Is this correct?

Hi Zeng - you are correct. Fixed again for tonight (final!) build.
Thanks. (And shoot me now. :)

     [texdoc noto-emoji]
     |    texmf-dist/fonts/truetype/google/noto-emoji/NotoColorEmoji.ttf
     |    texmf-dist/fonts/truetype/google/noto-emoji/NotoEmoji-Regular.ttf

Those "paths" are straight text written in noto-emoji's README.md, not
anything generated by texdoc or tlmgr, and thus not necessarily
corresponding to reality. Not that they are "wrong" or unreasonable, but
in principle, I think the fewer assumptions about file placement, the
better, for exactly the reasons we have been seeing. Also, and more
importantly, I don't think MiKTeX has a texmf-dist.

Maybe you (Zeng) could change the README to just give the base .ttf
filenames in a future upload?

Thanks,
Karl