forcibly removed package stringenc

A.C. achirvasub at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 23:39:41 CET 2020

Thanks!

On February 26, 2020 5:25:41 PM EST, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>    tlmgr: skipping forcibly removed package: stringenc
>
>    Is this by design?
>
>Well, tlmgr is trying to do what it's been told. Sounds like at some
>point you either explicitly or implicitly removed the stringenc.

Oh, certainly not explicitly.

>I moved stringenc (and several other pkgs) to the basic
>collection-latex
>yesterday, because hyperref depends on it, and hyperref is in c-latex.

I'm guessing that must have effected some strange interaction between the collections I have installed (I don't have everything, and this issue was popping up on two systems where the install is fairly minimal).

>Therefore I suggest running:
>tlmgr install stringenc

Yep, I did that shortly after writing; it worked fine and resolved the matter (on both machines where it manifested).

Thank you!