[MacTeX] LaTeX format not rebuilt after package update

Andreas Scherer andreas_tex at freenet.de
Fri Feb 14 17:53:53 CET 2020

Lars,

> I think this is a known bug in basic tex has has been fixed.

Following your hint, I found both the October thread of this list (sic!)
and the updated BasicTeX package.

> tlmgr update --self

I have run this whenever 'tlmgr update --all' requested a "system
update" as well. It seems that this is _not_ enough to fix the reported
bug. Time permitting (not!), I'll try to install the updated BasicTeX.

Or rather not: I'll keep my installation as is and observe its reaction
to any future update of 'latex(2e)'. The next installation will most
likely be TL2020.

Thanks,
Andreas