texlive manager crashes

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Wed Feb 5 11:24:53 CET 2020

On Tue, Feb 04, 2020 at 03:27:40PM +0000, Stoughton, Neal wrote:
> I need some help.  I cannot update my texlive installation.  Running the texlive manager to update files, crashes the app.  In fact it crashed the whole device (green screen).  I tried to click the "updateable"  icon and then I get the error.  Here is a screenshot of the error I got.  Can somebody please help me?  Thanks.

It looks like an error in the error handler. I found a small number
of places in the code which could generate such an error, which I
shall fix.

Meanwhile, you can try another mirror, or update from an
administrative command prompt; I assume from the location of your
installation that it is installed for all users. The command is:

tlmgr update --all

By the way: the dialog box has a button 'Details >>' which provides
additional information.

--
Siep Kroonenberg