Trouble with Czech/Slovak

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed Aug 12 19:30:21 CEST 2020

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> Situation with csplain is quite complex and you should ask Petr Olšák
> why it is needed. Anyway, if you want to prepare a multilingual

+1

> languages present unnecessary complexity. I would leave csplain for
> those who know why they need it for their work and use LuaTeX or XeTeX
> with polyglossia especially for manuals and such.

+10000000 strongly supported. cs* binaries are from a different (stone?)
age and not really necessary on newer systems.

(That said, I am not sure we need to keep cs* forever in TeX Live if it
only creates problems for us and users)

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev