Two questions about Installing texlive

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Tue Aug 11 03:15:25 CEST 2020

Hi Amir,

>    (1) I installed the texlive-full package on Void Linux then I realized

You reached the mailing list of the **original** TeX Live, but you are
using the repackaged version of Void Linux.

Not many people will be able to help you here, please direct your
questions to the Void Linux maintainers.

>    the texlive-minimal package... During installation of texlive-minimal I
>    got some errors about something not being able to build
>    something(fmtutil error)...Am I good ? I did the following:
> xbps-install -S texlive-full
> xbps-remove -Rf texlive-full
> xbps-remove -O
> xbps-remove -of
> xbps-install -S texlive-minimal

I have no idea what xbps-* is doing, fmtutil errors are mostly induced
by incorrect packaging.

>    (2) I get this error when I launch tlmgr without any arguments:
>
>    Can't locate TeXLive/TLConfig.pm in @INC (you may need to install the

Again, Void Linux should not ship tlmgr, if you want to use tlmgr,
please install the original TeX Live from TUG (tug.org/texlive).

Thanks

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev