How does one ...

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Wed Apr 15 13:48:52 CEST 2020

... convert a DVI file to PDF using TeX Live 2020 ?  It is so long since I have used anything other than XeTeX (and before that, PdfTeX) that I have no idea how one goes about converting a DVI file to PDF these days.  I have tried "DVIPDF" and "DVI2PDF", which seem the obvious choices, and neither did anything.  I have to back-port some of my XeTeX code to pure TeX, so what should I use for the final output conversion, please ?

/Philip Taylor/