tl https support

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed Apr 15 03:11:56 CEST 2020

Hi Philip,

with today's tlcritical we are shipping a curl with ssl support for
Windows, as well as a set of certificates.

On Windows10 which already ships a working curl I tested it with
TEXLIVE_PREFER_OWN=1 env variable, but I would like to see whether it
works on Windows 7, too.

Could you please:
- update texlive.infra from tlcritical
- get your wget out of the way, so that only system provided stuff
  is available
- after that run the following

	tlmgr --repository https://contrib.texlive.info/current -v -v shell

  Then, at the tlmgr> prompt please type
	load local
  and send me the output, please.

Here is a session running the same on my linux computer:

$ tlmgr --repository https://contrib.texlive.info/current -v -v shell
D:action = shell
DD:location => https://contrib.texlive.info/current
D:appending to package log file: /home/norbert/tl/2020/texmf-var/web2c/tlmgr.log
DD:tlmgr:main: do persistent downloads = 1
DD:setup_persistent_downloads has net_lib_avail set
DD:TLUtils:setup_persistent_downloads: got ::tldownload_server
D:tlmgr:main: ::tldownload_server hash:: {enabled:1,errorcount:0,initcount:0,initcout:1,ua:LWP::UserAgent=HASH(0x560e5b111e10)}
protocol 1
tlmgr> load local
DD:TLPDB new: verify=0
D:setup_programs: preferring system versions
DD:trying to set up system curl, arg --version
D:program curl found in path
DD:trying to set up system wget, arg --version
D:program wget found in path
DD:trying to set up system lz4, arg --version
D:program lz4 found in path
DD:trying to set up system gzip, arg --version
D:program gzip found in path
DD:trying to set up system xz, arg --version
D:program xz found in path
DD:dumping $::progs = {
  'compressor' => 'lz4',
  'curl' => 'curl',
  'gzip' => 'gzip',
  'lz4' => 'lz4',
  'tar' => 'tar',
  'wget' => 'wget',
  'working_compressors' => [
    'lz4',
    'gzip',
    'xz'
  ],
  'working_downloaders' => [
    'curl',
    'wget'
  ],
  'xz' => 'xz'
};
OK
tlmgr> quit

Thanks

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev