bibtex issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Nov 13 14:38:50 CET 2019

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> I have looked into the files and changing {\sc something} to
> \textsc{something} is a trivial task. Do you have a contact to the author?
> I do not want to become a new maintainer but such update will be a matter
> of a few minutes' work, so I can do it.

Zdeněk,

I thought of doing this for my own use; either search-and-replace in Emacs
or write an awk script to process all .bst files. I don't know how much
'maintenance' these files need, and I'm strictly an end-user[1], but
updating.bst files when encodings or other changes are made to TeX or LaTeX
would be a reasonable thing to do.

Regards,

Rich