TeXLive binaries for `darwinlegacy'

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Sat Nov 9 11:15:00 CET 2019

FYI:

It seems that I could successfully compile all TeXLive binaries using
MacPort's clang-8.0 compiler on my (64bit) Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) box
with

  FLAGS="-g -Os"

  /path/to/texlive/source/configure \
    --prefix=/usr/local/texlive/2019 \
    --bindir=/usr/local/texlive/2019/bin/x86_64-darwinlegacy \
    --libdir=/usr/local/texlive/2019/lib/x86_64-darwinlegacy \
    --enable-cxx-runtime-hack \
    CC=clang-mp-8.0 \
    CFLAGS="$FLAGS" \
    CXX=clang++-mp-8.0 \
    CXXFLAGS="$FLAGS" \
    OBJCXX=clang++-mp-8.0 \
    OBJCXXFLAGS="$FLAGS"
  make

I used the current git version of MacPorts, but I guess that the last
release (2.6.2) works, too.

Note that I didn't build the stuff that needs manual compilation (for
example, `asy').

Checking with `otool -L', the resulting binaries rely on stuff from
`/usr/lib', `/usr/X11', and `/System/Library/Frameworks' only;
consequently they should also run on boxes without MacPorts.  After
stripping, it seems that the binaries need 3MByte less than the
original ones :-)

I replaced the official TeXLive binaries with the self-compiled ones,
and I could successfully regenerate all formats (I didn't do more
testing yet).

Anyone interested in the binaries (28MByte .tar.xz)?

    Werner