Dependencies

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 08:54:40 CET 2019

On 06/11/2019 23:33, Karl Berry wrote:
>      l3build:
>      - luatex
>
> I am not sure about "depend luatex" for every lua-using package.
> Is there some reason why the dep is useful for l3build in particular?

Like I said, I was starting from infra-only, where the idea is to build
a truly minimal TeX set up for whatever task is at hand.I'm happy if you
say 'tough, any sensible set up has texlua available'. I was just
working through mechanically ...

>     latex-bin:
>      - luaotfload (at least for LuaLaTeX ...)
>
> How is luaotfload loaded? I'm guessing through Lua, which is bypassing
> the filename recorder, which is depressing to learn.
>
> I ask because I have a script (tlpkg/bin/check-fmttriggers) which builds
> all formats and looks at the .fls files. luaotfload does not show up in
> lualatex.fls :(.

David has addressed this.

> Anyway, I added it. In latex-bin-dev, too.
>
>      xetex:
>      - [latex-base-dev] (remove: no idea why this is in)
>
> It's needed to build xelatex-dev, which is part of xetex.tlpsrc.

Er, I'm still confused :) I thought latex-base-dev would be strictly
opt-in. It's no big deal, it was just an oddity as I worked through stuff.

Joseph