[tex-live] Texlive 2018 doesn't support on redhat/centos 6

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 25 22:54:49 CET 2019

    zw> at least xelatex calls xdvipdfmx but $PATH is used,

As far as I can see, xetex calls xdvipdfmx from its own ($SELFAUTOLOC)
directory, not using $PATH. See open_dvi_output in
Build/source/texk/web2c/xetexdir/XeTeX_ext.c. (I seem to remember seeing
or making this request years ago. :)

    zw> you should add the path to your TeX Live binaries to the beginning of
    PATH and not use the full path when invoking xelatex.

This remains good advice in general. We have tried hard to make
/abs/olute/inv/ocations work, but I don't doubt that problems remain.

I doubt this has anything to do with the glibc problem at hand,
though. Will reply on that separately, not that I have anything very
useful to say. -k