Tlshell wrapper

Taylor, P P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Apr 3 13:33:10 CEST 2019

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> As to Phil Taylor's problems with tlshell: I really do not
> understand where they could come from, but he might try this update
> anyway.

Sadly not — the same symptoms as previously.  However, I successfully
installed TeX Live 2019 (pre-test) on a Win-7 64-bit office machine
recently, and there I could launch TLshell without running as
Administrator, so the problem may be local to my home (Fujitsu Celsius,
64-bit, Win-7-Enterprise, 16GB, i7) machine.  I wonder whether there
might be some conflict with a previous "Install as administrator"
installation.  Given that I have /TeX/Legacy/{2009, 2010, 2011, 2012,
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017}, /TeX/Live and /TeX/Lambda (the latter two
being the 2018 final and 2019 pre-test installations), is there any
reasonably straightforward way of investigating whether any may have
been installed as Administrator ?

** Phil.