[tex-live] (no subject)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 17 23:19:40 CEST 2018

It's likely we'll remove all 32-bit machines from the DVD image (not
from TL) next year in order to gain enough space.

I'll change the example platform in the doc when that happens, but
probably not before. I don't want to unnecessarily churn the
documentation, implying all translators need to update, etc.
There is nothing wrong with "i386-linux" as the example, though
certainly I agree that nowadays "x86_64-linux" is more common.

I think metavariables would be more confusing than helpful to newbies in
this case. Non-newbies presumably don't have a problem with this simple
text in any case. Brevity is also important. -k