[tex-live] ICC profiles for PDF/A compliance

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Sep 13 00:20:01 CEST 2018

On 2018-09-12 at 11:07:53 +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

 > Like already mentioned, the TDS structure is flattened on CTAN, so
 > the user would need to place every single file individually into
 > the proper location in the TEXMF tree.

and all this has to be explained in the pdfx package documentation in
great detail. It blows up the manual unnecessarily.

I'm aware that these files are tiny.  But I fear that when we allow
one and the same file to be installed in two different directories, we
potentially open Pandora's box.

Prior to TL 2008, spripts were maintained in bin/<platform>/ and we
noticed that scripts for different platforms had different version
numbers.  It's almost impossible to maintain one and the same file in
two different directories and make sure that they are identical.

BTW, if your mail client is configured to use a monospaced font and to
obey the original linebreaks, you can see here what typographers call
a 'river'.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25