[tex-live] problem with texdoc

Pablo Alfonso González Luengo pablgonz at educarchile.cl
Tue Nov 13 04:25:33 CET 2018

> My ideas are:
> - offer the list of package names and let the user select, then show the
>   doc files
It's exactly how I visualize it in my mind. Actually, it would suffice
to show the list
and then exit texdoc, as user I rewrite the correct name and texdoc
selects the correct
file following some predefined order package(?- doc).(pdf | ps | dvi),
README(.?md | txt), etc.
I assume that if any documentation does not follow this rule ((I
really do not know if it's a rule),
the author will give notice to the maintainers and place custom-doc in
the correct list to show by texdoc.

> Not sure which is easier/better to do.

The truth is that it is difficult to determine ... but, for me it is a
more friendly behavior :)

Saludos
Pablo