[tex-live] problem with texdoc

Takuto ASAKURA tkt.asakura at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 02:03:47 CET 2018

Hi,

> Truthfully, I expected it to throw a "no-found-nothing" error

If you want to disable the fuzzy search feature, you can set

	fuzzy_level = 0

in your own texdoc.cnf. Please see the documentation for the details.

The reason that Texdoc gives different results for each invocation is that
the program selects the final result randomly from the candidates which have
the same Levenshtein distances to the (mistyped) input keyword; this is
because it is impossible to decide the best one in those candidates.

> In windows the situation is a bit different, besides showing different files in
> each call, if it is done with administrator privileges (using cmd) it throws
> a "many windows open" error.

On the other hand, I heard this issue for the first time. It seems that this
problem is NOT related to the fuzzy search feature.

I examined a bit on my Windows PC and found that a "Too many argument in
command line" error always occur for `texdoc 2up`. Is this the problem you're
talking about?

Best,
Takuto