[tex-live] TeXLive 2018 (Windows): unclear message from the installer

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jun 20 03:49:01 CEST 2018

Hi Ilya,

Thanks for your comments.

>  The following environment variables contain the string "tex"

[...]

> A) It is not saved in a .log file.

Ok, I have adjusted the text and wizards installer, but the perltk
installer is slightly different and I hope Siep will fix this.

>    How would I be able to “try unsetting them” if the list disappears
>    when I close the window?

You should be aware of these environment variables, because you did set
them. Then, copy and paste should work.

> B) The message is not very comprehensible (to put it mildly).  I
>    propose to restate it like this:
>       set environment variables in windows

But this is nothing Windows specific, the same happens on Linux,
Solaris, AIX, whatever.

Thanks

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer