[tex-live] Still troubles when trying to reach some pages of tug/texlive site

Michael Shell list1 at michaelshell.org
Tue Feb 13 03:46:01 CET 2018

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 00:17:17 GMT
Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

> It seems the fail2ban rate-limiting options I put in weeks ago, after
> Denis's first report, didn't actually override the defaults. Sigh. I've
> simply disabled the rate limiting inside /svn/ for now, since I have no
> energy to debug it.

>From the manpage:

https://manpages.debian.org/unstable/fail2ban/jail.conf.5.en.html

there are four different types of fail2ban configuration files. So,
it sure is easy for something to go wrong there.

Also, the fail2ban service must be restarted (service fail2ban restart)
or "SIGHUPed" after a config file change.

It might save some trouble to just ask the fail2ban-users mailing list

https://sourceforge.net/p/fail2ban/mailman/fail2ban-users/

why a so-and-so config change is not having any effect.

Also, FWIW, there is a good fail2ban config article here:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-protect-ssh-with-fail2ban-on-ubuntu-14-04

  Just my $0.02,

  Mike Shell