[tex-live] Still troubles when trying to reach some pages of tug/texlive site

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Feb 13 01:17:17 CET 2018

It seems the fail2ban rate-limiting options I put in weeks ago, after
Denis's first report, didn't actually override the defaults. Sigh. I've
simply disabled the rate limiting inside /svn/ for now, since I have no
energy to debug it.

Of course I would not have bothered to spend^Wwaste my time setting it
up in the first place if the server had not been adversely affected by
crawlers in defiance of robots.txt. Whenever I look at the logs, useless
bots are almost all I see, and the big source repository takes a lot
more resources to serve to them than anything else. Oh well, will look
at it again when I have to. -k