[tex-live] wget problem

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Aug 2 11:01:17 CEST 2018

Am Thu, 2 Aug 2018 15:56:26 +0900 schrieb Norbert Preining:

>> wget system error "libintl3.dll" not found
>> wget system error "libssl32.dll" not found
>
> Did you install tlcritical updates?
>
> It will prefer system wide available wget and test it.
> Means, if you have wget in your path and it is broken, these error
> messages will appear (but actually shouldn't ... need to check).

Yes, thanks I had a broken wget in the path (no idea why it broke
just now).

After I copied the wget from the other PC it works again.

But while looking at the tlmgr update -v --list output:
Why doesn't it use curl on my system? I have curl in the path (from
windows), but tlmgr says:

D:(w32) trying to set up curl, default
D:/texlive/2018/tlpkg/installer/curl/curl.exe, arg --version
D:Default program D:/texlive/2018/tlpkg/installer/curl/curl.exe not
readable?

and then it doesn't seems to look further.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/