[tex-live] wget problem

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Thu Aug 2 08:56:26 CEST 2018

Hi Ulrike,

> wget system error "libintl3.dll" not found
> wget system error "libssl32.dll" not found

Did you install tlcritical updates?

It will prefer system wide available wget and test it.
Means, if you have wget in your path and it is broken, these error
messages will appear (but actually shouldn't ... need to check).

Can you run
	tlmgr update -v --list
and see at the top of the output. Here on Linux I get:
	D:tlmgr:main: ::tldownload_server defined: TeXLive::TLDownload=HASH(0x556bb3d025f8)
	D:setup_programs: preferring system versions
	D:program curl found in the path
	D:program wget found in the path
	D:program lz4 found in the path
	D:program gzip found in the path
	D:program xz found in the path
	DD:dumping $::progs = {
	  'compressor' => 'lz4',
	  'curl' => 'curl',
	  'gzip' => 'gzip',
	  'lz4' => 'lz4',
	  'tar' => 'tar',
	  'wget' => 'wget',
	  'working_compressors' => [
	    'lz4',
	    'gzip',
	    'xz'
	  ],
	  'working_downloaders' => [
	    'curl',
	    'wget'
	  ],
	  'xz' => 'xz'
	};
which indicates that *all* programs are taken from the path.

Thanks

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer