[tex-live] pdfx has been incorrectly packaged in the texlive-pretest

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat May 28 01:04:59 CEST 2016

On 2016-05-27 at 12:31:32 -0400, Boris Veytsman wrote:

 > MM> Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 09:04:00 +0200
 > MM> From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>
 >

 > MM> Hans initially suggested TEXMF/color, but this was rejected. If adding
 > MM> another top level directory is completely undesirable, the only
 > MM> solution for sharing resources I see is using something like
 > MM>     TEXMF/tex/generic/color/context/ (for files from context)
 > MM>     TEXMF/tex/generic/color/pdfx/ (for files from pdfx)
 > MM> and the files could then be used by either engine.
 >
 > I would think generic is a very good fit for the purpose.

Definitely!  But I don't know whether it's better to name the
directory "icc" or "icc-profiles" instead of "color".  Are there
any other color related things which are not ICC profiles?

Maybe someone uploads a package to CTAN which contains other profiles
provided by http://color.org sometime.  Then it would make sense to
put them into a directory named "color" (we don't have dots in
directory names and thus "color.org" is probably deprecated) and I
think that

  generic/icc/color

sounds better than

  generic/color/color

and is more comprehensible.

Anyway, I like Mojca's idea to share ICC profiles among engines/formats.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de