[tex-live] compiler error for devnag.c (clang++, OS X 10.11)

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:11:38 CEST 2016

> On May 20, 2016 10:52 AM, "Zdenek Wagner" wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > thank you for this report. It is a long story how the upstream source
> suddenly disappeared, the most recent version is thus in the TL repository
> and will soon be uploaded to CTAN.
>
> Thank you.
>
> (The added value could be a standalone repository with a bug tracker, but
> only if there is any serious development still going on, otherwise TL makes
> more sense.)

It used to exist. We have not received any bug report for several years. We
consider it obsolete, XeTeX offers much better solution but there ae still
many documents using the package, so it is necessary to keep it working. A
few years ago prasanna Mishra even wrote an article about it in Hindi.

> > The MiKTeX patch seems well to me. If you can, apply the patch and test
> it, I will then test it on Linux.
>
> I wrote the patch myself as a temporary workaround. I'm sure there must be
> a more elegant solution, but it did the trick for me (on OS X 10.11 with
> clang++).
>
> In any case we need to wait with any patches now.

In these two cases err_ill apparently expect an empty string so your
solution is perfect. The program is not Unicode aware although it can use
Unicode input outside the {\dn } mode. I have tested it using a document
written in Czech and Hindi. Outside {\dn } it just copies the bytes.

> Mojca

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz